Explore the space fantasy technologies depicted in the Star Wars films, the real science behind them, and the current research that may someday lead to remarkable real-life versions of these technologies at the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit, now at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry from Oct. 5, 2007 – January 6, 2008!
Some of the cool things you can do at the exhibit include:
- Jump to lightspeed and tour the galaxy in a full-size replica of the Millennium Falcon cockpit.
- Experience the feeling of riding in a personal hovercraft, while learning about what transit of the future might be like.
- Help build a spaceport and discover how to create a successful collaborative environment.
- Experiment with magnetic levitation and robotics.
- Test your own speeder and droid.
See more than 80 props, models and costumes from the Star Wars movies and extensive video interviews with filmmakers, scientists and engineers.